Tips for dealing with Mildew in your car
Mold growth, no matter how minor it is, can make the interior of your car have a foul smell. Most times, mold has a sour milk smell and only thrives in moist or wet environments. So if you have a leaking door frame and it rains, mold can grow anywhere you have the slightest moisture. It could be that you left your windows open and it rained or that you left wet clothing inside your car. A lot of things can cause mold, and it is only through a thorough mold and mildew treatment that you can get rid of it and make sure it does not return. Let us see some of the steps to follow to achieve an effective mold and mildew treatment.
- Clean every part of your car’s interior from debris to wet clothing, rag or towel. Mold can grow anywhere as long as there is moisture there. Get rid of all these things to take out the mold in your car.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean every part of your vehicle. Reach the innermost parts of the car including under the seat. Your home vacuum can do the job but to ensure that you do it correctly, you can hire one from a local car wash close to you or even better, hire a professional that specializes in mold and mildew treatment.
- Spraying your car’s interior with white distilled vinegar also helps in mold and mildew treatment. Pour the vinegar into a clean, new plastic spray bottle and spray around your car. Make sure the container you use is new to avoid spraying residue in an old bottle into your vehicle. If you do not want to use vinegar, you can use a solution of color-safe bleach in water. You should, however, check for colorfastness before spraying around your car.
- Spray the vinegar on the floor mats, the car seats, dashboard, and walls of the car. Use a clean rag to wipe the hard surfaces after spraying then scrub the car seats with a scrub brush. Leave all surfaces to dry and open the doors so that air can dry up any excess moisture left behind.
- Check to see if any part of your car is leaking. It could be the window, windshield or door frame. Anywhere water can seep into your car can leave enough moisture for mold growth. Take your car to an auto detailing expert to fix these problems so that everywhere will be sealed up. You should always make sure you mop up anything you spill in your car.
For the best mold and mildew treatment, Detailz Fine Auto Cleaning is at your service any day any time. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.